Since 1920 an annual conference has been held conjointly with the American Historical Association. At this conference the Executive Council meets in closed session and the officers of the association hold an annual business meeting at which all members are welcome to attend. Members may present papers or panels which have been accepted by the program committee. In addition panels can be co-sponsored either by the AHA or another co-sponsored association, normally the American Society for Church History. At present there are 78 societies co-sponsored by the AHA among which the ACHA is one of the oldest.
We regret to inform you that the ACHA will not be hosting a spring conference for 2016.
Since 1987 the association has held a Spring conference on the campus of a college or university who formally hosts the event. While sponsored by the ACHA this conference is materially supported by the hosting institution who forms the program committee, provides the conference space, catering, printing and who sets the registration fee for the meeting. The Spring conference normally occurs over a weekend in March or April and is a particular opportunity for graduate students to present their research in progress as well as for university faculty to construct panels composed of their graduate students. In 2001 and again in 2011 the Spring conference was held conjointly with the Canadian Catholic Historical Association.
Programs From Recent Conferences
View or download programs from previous ACHA conferences
- 2016 Annual Meeting in Atlanta
- 2015 Annual Meeting in New York
- January 2-4, 2014: 94th Annual Meeting with AHA, Washington, DC
- Spring 2014: Spring Meeting at Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- New Orleans 93rd Annual Conference with AHA (January 2013)
- Spring Meeting, Stonehill College, Easton, Mass (April 2013)
- ACHA Spring Conference, New Orleans (April 2012) [PDF]
- Joint ACHA/CCHA Spring Conference, Toronto (April 2011) [PDF]
- 91st Annual Conference with ACHA, Boston (January 2011)
- ACHA Spring Conference, Princeton (March 2010)
- 90th Annual Conference, San Diego (January 2010) [PDF]
Conference Financial Support
Since 2011 the ACHA has conferred two $500 fellowships on graduate students presenting papers at both of these conferences. For more information, see the Presidential Graduate Fellowship page.