William Issel of San Francisco State University, Jeffery Burns of the Franciscan School of Theology, and the U.S. National Park Service will be honored at the ACHA Annual Meeting in January.
Franz Posset, a scholar noted for his work in Reform history, has been awarded the 2016 Harry C. Koenig Prize in Catholic Biography for his work Johann Reuchlin (1455-1522). A Theological Biography.
The Harry C. Koenig prize for Catholic Biography to be expanded to include an award for a scholarly article.
Richard Gribble is elected vice president; David Endres and Martin Menke will join the Executive Council.
The assistant professor of history at the University of South Carolina was honored for his 2015 book The Bible and Natural Philosophy in Renaissance Italy.
Rev. O’Connell, professor emeritus of history at the University of Notre Dame, was the ACHA’s 2013 Distinguished Scholar Award recipient. He died on Aug. 19.
- The First Nunnery in Manila: The Role of Hernando de los Rios Coronel
- John N. Crossley and Sarah E. Owens
- What the People Want: Popular Support for Catholic Reform in the Veneto
- Celeste McNamara
- Marching in Step: Patriotism and the Southern Catholic Cadet Movement
- R. Eric Platt, Melandie McGee, Amanda King
- James Molloy and Sales of Recusant Books to the United States
- Nicolas K. Kiessling
- Book Review: Dissolving Royal Marriages: A Documentary History, 860-1600 by D. L. d'Avray
- Frederik Pedersen
- Book Review: Book Review: The Long Shadow of Vatican II: Living Faith and Negotiating Authority since the Second Vatican Council ed. by Lucas Van Rompay et al.
- Richard Gaillardetz
Announcement: October 2016
Announcement: Spring 2017 (date TBA)