The program for the 2018 Annual Meeting, to be held Jan. 4-6, is now available for download.
The online archive contains hundreds of pages of photographs, letters, scrapbooks, and other documents available free of charge.
The independent scholar received the award at the 2017 Annual Meeting in Denver.
Over his three-decade career at San Francisco State University, Issel’s research has examined the complex relationships that comprise urban life in the United States, especially the West Coast.
ACHA members have been e-mailed instructions for accessing the online ballot. Voting ends Sept. 19.
Call for papers will open Oct. 1.
Richard Allington reports on his manuscript research for his doctoral dissertation on the expansion of crusading spirituality and its transposition to local causes in the thirteenth-century Papal States.
- The First Nunnery in Manila: The Role of Hernando de los Rios Coronel
- John N. Crossley and Sarah E. Owens
- What the People Want: Popular Support for Catholic Reform in the Veneto
- Celeste McNamara
- Marching in Step: Patriotism and the Southern Catholic Cadet Movement
- R. Eric Platt, Melandie McGee, Amanda King
- James Molloy and Sales of Recusant Books to the United States
- Nicolas K. Kiessling
- Book Review: Dissolving Royal Marriages: A Documentary History, 860-1600 by D. L. d'Avray
- Frederik Pedersen
- Book Review: Book Review: The Long Shadow of Vatican II: Living Faith and Negotiating Authority since the Second Vatican Council ed. by Lucas Van Rompay et al.
- Richard Gaillardetz
Announcement: Mid/late March 2017
Announcement: Spring 2017